Technology Development -Technologies for new Product Development-
Finer, tougher, more varied products By building on basic technologies accumulated over 40 years, Tokusen is combining a wide array of techniques and materials to create highly functional wires meeting demand for high strength, super ultrafineness, and high precision.
High-performance surface treatment/surface modification technologies Tokusen develops products that help improve corrosion and wear resistance, and provide various added functions.
Tokusen will continue creating similar high-performance, multifunctional surface treatment technologies to develop products for fields such as energy, the environment, and medicine.
- 1.Adhesion performance
- Steel cord used for tire reinforcement is brass-plated to help it stick to the tire rubber.
- 2.Cutting performance
- Attached abrasive grain saw wire used to cut highly brittle materials is made using electrodeposition technology to enable the diamond grains to stick to the wire.
- 3.Electrical characteristics
- Electrode wire used to discharge ultrafine wires in microminiature processing is surface-treated for high discharge performance.
Tokusen's various wire types can be plated with a brass, bronze, nickel or copper surface treatment to provide the required characteristics.
- Straightening Technology
- Processing methods tailored to each wire type ensure outstanding straightness.
- Centerless Technology
- Creates tapered or perfectly circular shapes with outstanding dimensional precision using a proprietary processing unit.
- Cutting Technology
- A continuous wire cutting process that enables shapes impossible with rolling technology alone.